Thanks Luc-Eric.

I am able to find the torn off menu but I'm trying to find the right one.
 Using this:

xsi = Application
ad = xsi.Desktop.ActiveLayout
for N in ad.Views:
    print N.Name

prints Menu Window.  Is there a way to find the title of the torn off Menu
Window so I can be sure it's the right one I want to close?'

-tony

--
-tony