what was great about MoI is that it took even CAD models straight and we
could modify the geometry like connect pieces and/or clean objects if they
had issues. Also we could define the level of details at export. (Very
useful when you know that the leapster model has well over 150 pieces -
with lots of sub-divisions, sub-objects, etc... and you don't want to have
to clean every objects in Softimage - or any mainstream 3D packages - )

I do remember Polytrans too, a great tool as well when it came down to the
CAD models. But I switch to MoI at the time for lack of finding the license
for Polytrans and I didn't regret not finding that license.

Ludo

Ludovick William Michaud
mobile: *214.632.6756*
*www.linkedin.com/in/ludovickwmichaud*
+Shading / Lighting / Compositing
+CG Supervisor / Sr. Technical Director / Creative Director