In our experience - we handle PROE cad datas from our development department on
a daily basis - both the format and the settings at which the data gets exported
are equally important.

The trouble with converting CAD datas is that many CAD formats are more like
volumebased models, they dont have a "surface" as we know it in 3D meshes.

Converters will try to make up a surface ontop of the CAD data, but often this
results in a patchwork of disconnected polygon islands, with fluctuations in the
level of detail and an irratic polygon flow

What gives us the most control is to export the datas from within PRO Engineer
as STL with fairly high settings, convert it to obj in Deep Exploration and then
reduce the unwanted detail in SI.

Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin:
Brandstätter GmbH, Zirndorf
vertreten durch die Geschäftsführer
Horst Brandstätter, Steffen Höpfner, Andrea Schauer
Amtsgericht Fürth: HR B 766

Shareholder liable to unlimited extent:
Brandstaetter GmbH, Zirndorf
CEO: Horst Brandstaetter, Steffen Hoepfner, Andrea Schauer
Local Court Fuerth: HR B 766