From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Leoung
O'Young
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 10:57 AM
To: Stephan Hempel; softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Dealing with CAD files format

Thanks for the info.

On 8/14/2013 10:55 AM, Stephan Hempel wrote:
> I don't know. As far as I know MoI imports only 3dm, iges, sat, step,
> ai, eps, pdf and dxf.
>
> No Parasolid files.
>
> >From MoI I export obj. And with the export options you have good
> control over the resulting mesh.
>
> Stephan.
> eisblau | produkt + prozessvisualisierung | animation + visual effects
>
> Stephan Hempel
> stephan.hem...@eisblaufx.net  Tel  +49.(0)3643.251186   Goetheplatz 9b
> www.eisblau.de                Funk +49.(0)179.1356295   99423 Weimar
>
> am Mittwoch, 14. August 2013 um 16:36 schrieben Sie:
>
> LOY> Stephan,
>
> LOY> So Step files are better than Parasolids files?
> LOY> Are you exporting obj from MoI to bring into XSI?
>
> LOY> Thanks,
> LOY> Leoung
>
> LOY> On 8/14/2013 7:43 AM, Stephan Hempel wrote:
>>> Hi would strongly recommend step-Files and convert them with MoI. So

>>> you have full control over how the geometry gets meshed (MoI has
>>> quite some options for tuning). And ask the client to keep the
>>> assembly groups intact. So you have all building blocks properly
>>> named as separate objects and don't have to deal with one single
>>> piece of geometry. This way I had never any problems.
>>> Try to stay away from IGES. I had always problems with missing
>>> surfaces.
>>> STL and WRML exports are already meshed. So it can be a bit of an
>>> problem to clean the geometry.
>>>
>>> Stephan.
>>>
>>> am Dienstag, 13. August 2013 um 22:15 schriebst Du:

Solidworks.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - THIS E-MAIL TRANSMISSION MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT
IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, SUBJECT TO COPYRIGHT, AND/OR EXEMPT
FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.  IT IS FOR THE USE OF INTENDED RECIPIENTS
ONLY.  If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the
original sender immediately by forwarding what you received and then delete all
copies of the correspondence and attachments from your computer system.  Any
use, distribution, or disclosure of this message by unintended recipients is
not authorized and may be unlawful.