On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Morten Bartholdy <x...@colorshopvfx.dk>wrote:

> **
>
> I had this recently and found that either using Rhino or Maya for
> converting the Iges model to polys and then into Softimage was a viable
> solution. One thing was clear though - Maya supports the Nurbs surfaces in
> the Iges file properly so rendres out of Maya didn't suffer from the
> discontinuities and little gaps between odd polygonal surfaces which I had
> in Soft.

as far as i remember MOI was actually written by former rhino developers,
thats why it deals quite well with the native rhino format.

overall though like already mentioned, i felt like meshing options in MOI
were far superior to those in rhino. you can fine tune quite well where you
want details, how to subdivide large areas and on and on. with a bit of
trial and error i ended up with perfect meshes with perfect shading in
softimage, while also making them as light as possible.

c.