It's true that the few times I tried to make it run on linux, it was a
nightmare. You have to know a lot about linux. Making it easier on linux
could also mean making it compatible with a more user friendly distro like
ubuntu. This would certainly be appealing for home users but I'm sure
studios would prefer CentOS or RHE.
As an OSX user, the more I stay away from windows, the better. The only
reason I still have Windows on my system is because I use Softimage.

--
Bruno-Pierre Jobin
3D Artist