I've always knew there was other life forms in the universe :)

Le 21/08/2013 11:04, Doeke Wartena a écrit :
It's very nice to know that the devs are lerking around.
Makes me kind of happy.

2013/8/21 Raffaele Fragapane <raffsxsil...@googlemail.com <mailto:raffsxsil...@googlemail.com>>

    I was involved with that from inception (of its integration) to
    launch and for future integration steps (coming CGPortfolio revamp
    GCS has been talking about for a while).

    It's an offline rendering engine that pre-bakes a lot of stuff,
    that's what it boils down to.
    If you're willing to entertain the idea of having non-deforming
    characters with channels limited to four entries into a single
    pixel shader rendering offline for seconds to minutes before they
    can be orbited around, then you could call it a viewport. Make
    sure you don't blow the polycount limit either.
    Me? I wouldn't call it that (a viewport).

    If you want to beg for anything beg for the VP2 ubershader (DX11
    only) that's in Maya, comparing Verold to a DCC viewport is apples
    and oranges.

    Please, could we have at least ONE thread spanning more than a
    handful of e-mails at a time without using words like embarassing?
    Particularly one where people wonder why developers are quiet on
    the list.

    On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Mirko Jankovic