That report would make sense if AD would have released Softimage LT, but
they released only MayaLT for the indie/mobile game industry.

And if that report is true, then SI will be oriented to games only with a
viewer that, if I didn't misunderstood Luc Eric explanation, it doesn't
make much sense in that industry,

And Maya, well, for everything. Including games.

And this rental service isn't very appealing even if they would have
include Softimage. The fact that you can only use 2014 make it useless for
a lot of us that are obligated to use a subscription only to use a 3 years
old software. Yeah, that doesn't make sense either. We need more options to
buy, I don't understand why they make it so hard.