Thanks Stephen. That would work for stuff I want to keep around and re-use, but sometimes, I'm just doing quick-n-dirty work where I would like to define a function, and then be able to call it whenever I want. Use-n-dispose, I guess. I can do that just fine in other apps, but in Softimage, it forces me to keep the function around and copy/paste it to the tab where I will need it, calling it at the end. I don't save it to disk, because I keep changing stuff and redefining it as I go, so my options are limited.
Anyway, thanks for confirming my suspicions. Cheers!