Thanks a lot guys! Set Reference Pose fixed it. I'm not sure how the pose could have changed, since as I said, these nulls are created by a script, and they are cluster constrained to a mesh, so I would not be able to move them. Anyway, the problem seems to be gone. Great! One more new thing learned today :-) .
Cheers!

On 30/10/2013 4:44 PM, Manny Papamanos wrote:
Yes, also you may have inadvertently moved the 'center' (Button top right) of the skin element after the mute.
Reset the center if that the case.
Also, doing a “set reference poses” should  alleviate this, I think you must do it on the deformers (bone elements) and skin.
Save ur scene first;)

-manny

-----Original Message-----
From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com [mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Eric Thivierge
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:40 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Envelope Operator funkyness

If your nulls have moved since you initially did the bind yes. Select the mesh Envelope > Reset Actor. Watch for a shift of one of the nulls.
One probably has moved for some reason.

If your nulls are in a good place where you want them, you can use the current positions of the nulls for the bind pose but selecting all of them and doing a Envelope > Set Reference Pose.