You can use the right mouse button to deselect with the paint tool. It's a
holdover from the old SI3D selection paradigm.

gray

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Martin Yara
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 1:57 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: SI selections driving me nuts...

Yeah but the good thing with a lasso is that I only use 1 key when selecting
and moving points and edges : lasso, move, select, move.
And if the point is not easily selectable, back again to lasso, select and move.
That's why I don't use paint select for these tasks, I need to press too many
keys.

Martin

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Edy Susanto Lim