To me ICE is an analog to a sort of *space-age programmable calculator*.

Just like with a scientific calculator, if you know a bit of math, you go a
long way! If you haven't grasped math too well yet, it's cool, it'll just
take a little longer to understand and you won't be making the most out of
your calculator for now.

Of course it's oversimplifying it a little, but over the years from the
types of ICE questions I've observed, a large chunk of them distills to "*what
math do I need to do X?*" more so than the usability or intuitiveness of
its interface, both of which I think are quite good. Context manipulation
is probably the hardest concept to grasp after the math, but you do
*get it*eventually.

You know what was pretty hard though? Being in the beta for XSI7 when
Moondu-- errm ICE didn't have almost any documentation and trying to make
sense of the workflows and its potential. If you thought ICE was confusing
on first sight, try picturing yourself without documentation or video
tutorials existing and only a handful of developers to pick the brains of.
:p

<<Sergio Mucino_Signature_email.gif>>