Did you turn off "Is Animated"?

gray

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Byron Nash
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:47 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Static Turbulence

I have an animated ground plane mesh I brought in from Maya as a FBX cache. I
need to add some high frequency noise to it and send it back. My first pass has
nice noise with a quick turbulence node but it sort of "swims" as the mesh
moves through space. I'd like to set my offset on the first frame for the noise
and then have it be the same throughout the sequence. I tried piping the
turbulence into a custom set data node and then in another ICE tree read that
data and move the points accordingly. It seems like it's still swimming. I'm
guessing the set data node is reading the turbulence every frame? What's the
best way to do what I'm asking?

Thanks!

Byron