Yes, it wasn't that. The issue was my ground was moving around and ended up
getting different turbulence values as it moved through space. Maybe it's a
result of the FBX cache?  I think I found a way to fix it, however
un-elegant. I made a copy of the original and froze it. Created an ice tree
to calculate the turbulence offset and stored it. Then in the animated
version added that offset value to the mesh. Seems to work.

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 4:57 PM, Grahame Fuller <grahame.ful...@autodesk.com