preferences>sync mode>components

select whatever comp you want in the uv editor, make sure you are in some component mode in the 3d view. it should convert for you

*written with my thumbs

On Dec 21, 2013, at 7:48 AM, Tim Leydecker <bauero...@gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Ronald,

thanks,yes.That works but I seem to be unable to convert a selection
made in the Texture Editor to the corresponding Polys, Vertices or Edges?

Example, I select a few points in the Texture Editor but in the viewports, the corresponding UVs are displayed as selected and I can´t find a w ay to convert that active selection as displayed in the viewport to the actual
selection made in the Texture Editor.

It´s not a big deal but it would be nice to have to be able to selec t any subobject type in the Texture Editor and have the proper subobject type selected in the viewportsand be able to convert between selections as in the viewport menue options but including the UV/bisectors component type.

In Maya, you can do that and it sometimes speeds up things when creating
selections or manipulating UV shells or checking streching and such.

Also, in XSI I find it more difficult to determine if two UVs really align, where in Maya, I can see in the HUD if it´s one or two and merge the m to make sure or even simply check border edges to be displayed as thicker than edges
inside a shell.

Cheers,

tim