I found that the biggest problems in rigging are management issues:
listening and weighing input, absorbing unexpected changes gracefully, and
finding solutions that fit into a much larger pipeline over which you have
limited control. Rarely are you even in a position to dictate the software,
it's simply another variable to consider. Often there are overarching
political issues that you must absorb and translate into production. Like
all things, it always comes back to people. Really, moving vertices is the
easiest part of the job.