Yes it is, but it's a hack and needs a few lines of scripting. The problem is you get what you describe but a shading node in Softimage can always have one owner (Material container in this case) only. So even when it is connected to other shading nodes of different material containers it will only be visible in it's original container where it was first created, which means it can also only be edited there, and there is no visual indicator the node has multiple outgoing connections so you will have to remember that node or give it a name that's indicative, etc.
One of Softimages biggest weak points imho, not being able to visualize more than one material network in the RenderTree. I was already pondering over a Qt-based schematic material editor that would allow for that, but that's a bit overkill for me since I don't need it that often.
Let me dig up that script for you, but ye be warned: this is not officially supported and I had the impression Mray crashes more often on such scenes. I don't know how other renderers/exporters cope with it....

Hey guys,

Is it possible to share certain nodes in the render tree between materials? I mean, that I have about 7 materials, that would share a Color Save State node which delivers the same color value to these materials.

I’d like to avoid custom parameters on scene root, etc. if possible…

Cheers

Szabolcs

___
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Crytek GmbH - http://www.crytek.com - Grüneburgweg 16-18, 60322 Frankfurt - HRB77322 Amtsgericht Frankfurt a. Main- UST IdentNr.: DE20432461 - Geschaeftsfuehrer: Avni Yerli, Cevat Yerli, Faruk Yerli

Stefan Kubicek
keyvis digital imagery
Alfred Feierfeilstraße 3
A-2380 Perchtoldsdorf bei Wien
Phone: +43/699/12614231
www.keyvis.at ste...@keyvis.at
-- This email and its attachments are --
--confidential and for the recipient only--