Don't think so without the Cus. Params.
I've wanted to do the same for a long time.

I've used an update materials script before by making sure all materials share
the same structures & names and having a Master Material to read from.

Some sort of Global FxTree type layout where all materials are visible and
inputs and outputs can be hooked in and out would be great.

Adam.

Currently available UK freelance chap.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/adamseeleyuk

https://vimeo.com/adamseeley