Install 8, upgrade to 8.1 and get any of those start is back buttons (I've
got Star8 for example) and there you go, no need to even think about metro
and stuff, win7 look with win8 speed and optimizations.
For me it is much faster and fluid really and especially recommend it if
you got comp with latest tech like SSD drives for examples, 8 is handling
them better then win 7.