I love W8 (and 8.1 more), the general workflow of things is a lot smoother than
7’s, and the ribbon in the explorer is quite handy and always missed when I go
to 7 again.

If you never used the start menu, the new tiles in 8.1 will certainly suffice.
I find it’s app search fast and useful - also the new gesture things aok. If
you just learn how to change the tile system to have the same background as
your desktop, the switch won’t be so jarring. Also learning some windows
shortcut keys make it that much easier to use.

I find handling of ram and speed of software load and system load to be
phenomenally faster in 8 over 7.

Anyway.. enough praise for now… sure go ahead with out - but yes.. it has it’s
driver quirks still, and I find more so when it comes to sound drivers and old
tablets - but it’s fairly well rounded when it comes to that.

Concerning SI in 8, had no problems.

Cheers.

-Draise