No, I think you have to stop paying the subscription fee for the Softimage/Maya combo if you want to keep using Softimage.

On 3/4/2014 11:53 AM, Kris Rivel wrote:
Wait a second. So in order to keep using Softimage past that date....I have to continue to pay the subscription fee?!!!!! Am I reading that correctly? If so....well then I have no choice but to basically use cracked software past that date...sorry...there...I said it.

Kris

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 12:47 PM, Marc-Andre Carbonneau <marc-andre.carbonn...@ubisoft.com <mailto:marc-andre.carbonn...@ubisoft.com>> wrote:

    It will be funny to see amazing commercials, movies and images
    done after feb 2016 where people cover their screens in "making of"

    and in the description of software used it's written: "The DCC
    which you shouldn't pronounce the name".

    *From:*softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
    <mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com>
    [mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
    <mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com>] *On Behalf Of
    *Arvid Björn
    *Sent:* 4 mars 2014 12:44
    *To:* softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
    <mailto:softimage@listproc.autodesk.com>
    *Subject:* License to END if you migrate?!

    Excuse me, but THIS IS BULLSHIT:

    /"Please note that the right to use the Softimage license will
    terminate at the end of the transition period if you are still on
    Subscription. You will be transitioned to the latest release of
    either 3ds Max or Maya depending on your initial choice. _If you
    want to continue to use your Softimage license after Feb 1, 2016
    you should not renew your Subscription contract for a period
    beyond that date._ You will be able to continue to use Softimage
    but will forfeit any future updates to either 3ds Max or Maya." /

    I can see how offering Maya/Max might be a parting gift, but how
    can you deny the continued use of Softimage after the two year
    transition period? No fucking way in hell we'll just throw all of
    our data from almost 10 years back into the lake, we'll need the
    ability to open older Softimage projects INDEFINITELY.

    Basically, there is absolutely NO way forward with Autodesk at
    this pont, I have to keep access available. Rethink, respond and
    change this policy ASAP, thanks.