When I had to move over to Maya, Gator, ICE, the weights painting tool and
the Weights Editor were definitely the most missed.
So missed that I would prototype deformers in ICE and convert them in code
for Maya. I also wrote a small workflow to allow me to paint the weights
and to model corrective shapes in Softimage, to then import them back in
Maya.

But for the operator stack, I don't think you'll be able to get a such
thing. There's actually one UI that shows an operator stack in Maya with
the possibility to reorder deformers but it is more a failed attempt than a
proper working tool. And I'm not even sure if it would work out with the
nodal structure that Maya relies on.

As for changing the model in a rig, it is just a node to update. So
theorically it's simple but of course it breaks all the deformers applied
to it. Hence the need like in every software that I know of to have a clean
workflow to easily export/import/convert mesh attributes. Or maybe have I
already forgot how Softimage works? :)

--
Christopher Crouzet
*http://christophercrouzet.com* <http://christophercrouzet.com>