From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Jacob Gonzalez
Sent: 19 March 2014 10:18
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: A confession

I had a very short expierence with Maya a while ago (mainly driven by
curiosity). It was to do with rendering. It went something like this:

Maya user: I need to replace all the characters in my scene because they are
not referenced and there has been topology, shader  changes (objects are
called the same)
Me: That's cool. Bring the new characters, match Partitions and done :)
Maya user:  mmmm. what?
Me: Match Render Layer Overrides ?
Maya User: not possible.
Me : Wow! what are you going to do.....
Maya User: I will bring the characters one by one . And character by
character, render layer by render layer, object by object I will re-assign
all the relevant overrides or changes made in  this and my other 5 render
scenes!
Me: Ok. Let me know when you are done with this......... You are staying
late?

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 9:57 AM, Sebastien Sterling