Yes. I was opening up Maya again today. I have tried through out the years
to get the rust of my maya skills to try and get Maya work and it is just
not worth it. I will use XSI and learn C4D and dabble in Maya for 2 to 4
years (maybe 6)  at which point I may just leave the biz. I will still  be
an artist but maybe not 3D. There is always editing / compositing/ etc.

--
www.johnrichardsanchez.com