That's not what I meant to imply at all in my case.  I absolutely believe I
could use it for a commercial project, however I as I work primarily as a
ICE TD (and Generalist) for pretty much all my work, I'm unable to; just as
I am unable to use Max or Maya...

As I freelance for other companies I currently have little choice unless
companies adopt it (not that I would willingly choose or suggest Blender
over Softimage given the choice), so it's a moot point.  Plus, I am
unlikely to find a company that uses Blender and is also able pay me the
same daily rate that I charge normally.

As with all things there is a threshold of
economics/performance/convenience that needs to be crossed, but I believe
we'll get there sooner rather than later and I applaud them for what
they're doing.

DAN