The Titans are fantastic, but I haven't seen one priced at $1000 in several weeks. I would also skip the Quadro line altogether, as those cards don't offer nearly as much bang for your buck (where Redshift is concerned!) as the upper tiers of the GTX line.

If you can find a Titan at $1000, I would find that to be a good deal. But otherwise, I'd suggest a 780Ti 3GB. It's basically a Titan with half the ram, and since last week's RS update to 1.0.12 introduced some optimizations to memory management that basically reduce the memory usage by half (in most cases, and YMMV), that 3GB will go a long way. EVGA is releasing a 780 6GB for about $550, but please not that it is NOT a 780/Ti/ 6GB. But I suppose you could buy 2 780 6GB cards and have a system that would render faster than a single Titan, but for the same price and with the same ram...

 -Tim