There is no grief, here. The software is definitely NOT over. Initially I
thought "Oh no" (clean version),
but once I thought about it, as I was getting my new license for Redshift
3D, I realized that whatever I need this
existing software to do, I can do with ICE. I am only just starting to
learn how to use ICE, so it a wonderful
new feature, to me.

I'm going to put any further efforts into learning more about ICE, rather
than spend my time trying to learn
another 3D package.

3rd Parties still seem to be developing for Softimage, although I'm sure
that will fade over time.
I turn 60 next month, so this is it for me. Even if I retire at 80. :)

I will not swallow the Kool-aid.

I feel bad for the kid who just graduated art school with a Softimage
background.
That is a tough spot to be in. Fortunately young minds learn faster.

--

Best Regards,
*  Stephen P. Davidson*

*(954) 552-7956*    sdavid...@3danimationmagic.com

*Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic*

 - Arthur C. Clarke

<http://www.3danimationmagic.com>