Also well worth downloading and installing the pushing pixels toolkit ;) very
useful and a very good example of the type of things TDS can make in Modo

From: Serch Mucino <sergio.muc...@gmail.com<mailto:sergio.muc...@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday 05 June 2014 at 4:59 PM
To: "softimage@listproc.autodesk.com<mailto:softimage@listproc.autodesk.com>"
<softimage@listproc.autodesk.com<mailto:softimage@listproc.autodesk.com>>
Subject: Re: OT: What strong features have you found in your new transition
software that SI didn´t have?

It appears to me some of your concerns might be addressed already. Some of the
things you mention might be covered here...

http://docs.luxology.com/modo/801/help/pages/animation/ActorActionPose.html

Also, if you'd be doing a lot of CA, I really suggest looking into ACS. It
currently only supports biped-like rigs, but it's one of the best auto-riggers
I've used, and it has a very nice set of animation tools and workflows built
into it. You can find more info here...

http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/store/kits/acs/
http://manual.autocharactersetup.com/

It can also be customized to support other types of anatomical structures, but
it requires working a little with the innards of the ACS character. There's
videos that explain well how to do it though. I've been able to add additional
deformation items to ACS rigs without too much problem.

I hope this helps a bit! Cheers!

----
Sergio Mucino

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Marco Peixoto