I think an unofficial booth showcasing things like that of Softimage.TV would
be awesome, have some monitors, a playlist, and the SI paraphernalia - show
people, and then have them spurred by the slogan “All this, the tools and the
talen that made this, is at the brink of extinction” and do some kind of
petition signing thing? It wouldn’t be hard to organize - print some banners -
setup some booth reps - showcase work - games, movies (lego movie perhaps? Nike
football? Things from blur, whiskeytree, etc)

Or even maybe make it more of a VFX greenscreen protest event also, petition to
save the software that helped movies like X who gave X people jobs - and now in
2016 they will possibly loose those jobs due to re-education and/or incapable
software. Movies with scenes like X and X will not be possible if it were not
for the dynamic non-destructive tools of SI.

Just… A booth of a sort, not just for SI, but VFX artists worried of their
future……….

I’m far away, so I can’t really help, but I would. Just thoughts. SIGGRAPH is
nearly opening up here, but I am not sure if I can set up a panel though - I
should look into it. Hmmmmmm……

Yeh, it’s a bit lame of an effort that probably won’t sway any masses , but oh
well, still in the bitter denial, wishful thinking stage….. “Be progressive,
keep developing and making what already has been built! Somehow!” motivation.
Millions of lines of code gone to the chops, sucks….

-Draise

Ph: +57 313 811 6821