When I initially patched the Maya Python API, it was with Maya 2010 and
there was no API 2.0 back then. As of today, I didn't really think about my
choice, I simply wanted to share the technique.

That said, and remembering the state of the API 2.0, it could indeed have
been the subject of the article/library but then I'm not sure if patching a
yet unfinished API would be the wisest choice since it will have its gaps
officially filled in over the releases, right?

--
Christopher Crouzet
*http://christophercrouzet.com* <http://christophercrouzet.com>