From: Sebastien Sterling
<sebastien.sterl...@gmail.com<mailto:sebastien.sterl...@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday 29 July 2014 at 11:25 AM
To: "softimage@listproc.autodesk.com<mailto:softimage@listproc.autodesk.com>"
<softimage@listproc.autodesk.com<mailto:softimage@listproc.autodesk.com>>
Subject: Re: Softimage is not EOL

Do your kids work in teams Angus or as one man enterprises ? cause SI is great
for singles but if you are going to have to teach them maya... best take a leaf
out of the french schools book, e.g goblin supinfocom or ESMA. typically the
kids coordinate of into groups each bringing their interests to the table,
rigging or art direction or animation, it's a pain in the ass to keep things
balanced, and i suspect it confines there learning to specific areas instead of
a generalized approach of the workflow, but let's be honest there is no such
thing as a maya generalist. i mean that you might be able to do all the things,
but maya jobs seem very much to be need specific, so a modeller or a renderer,
or a rigger.

On 29 July 2014 08:40, Angus Davidson