A scene size of 53 MB containing mostly referenced models indicates there is
still a lot of data, such as animation (FCurves) or data applied on top of the
referenced models in model deltas, still in the scene. the first thing to try
is rolling back your scene to a previous version (including referenced models)
if you have been using source control. The "done fixing hidden cluster" error
indicates a geometry problem.  With a scene containing many referenced models,
it's likely one or more models was imported into the scene as a referenced
model, modified in some way that applied a dependency which needs geometry
information, and the referenced model was later edited offline outside the
scene.  Next time the scene opens, Softimage is surprised because the
referenced model is in a different state than the last time the scene was saved
and has all this dependency data it doesn't know what to do with, so mayhem
breaks out.  For example, if you applied an object-to-cluster constraint, the
constraint operator has a dependency on the cluster.  If you delete the cluster
from the referenced model outside the scene, the next time the scene opens and
uses that model, Softimage will see the constraint operator and try to connect
to a now non-existent cluster, then get confused.  There are some topology
operators which generate hidden clusters behind the curtains from user view
which are used as a scratchpad for calculations.  It's very possible the above
scenario has occurred and the operator's cluster in question cannot reconnect
to it's dependencies because one or more of it's inputs has disappeared from
the model being changed outside the scene.   One test is to open each
referenced model locally in an empty scene.  Check the script log before doing
any work on each model, if you get the error message again, then you've found
the problem.  Freeze its modeling construction history using "Freeze M", then
export to update the .emdl.  If you know of constraints or other operators,
such as object-to-cluster, and have knowingly deleted the cluster, then try
recreating the cluster to satisfy the scene next time it is opened. If all the
models import successfully into empty scenes, then reopen the original scene
and see if the error still occurs.  If it does, then the problem is likely
caused by data local to the scene and not in a referenced model.  Data in model
deltas is considered local to the scene, not the model.  However, it's unlikely
the problem is in model deltas if it's giving you 'hidden cluster' errors, but
in the rare chance it is, check the 'removed items' section of the delta and
cross reference it with the other categories for dangling entries.  Every item
appearing in the removed items list will have an associated entry in another
category of the model delta.  for example, if you import the referenced model,
change it's position, then undo that action, there will be entries in the
'stored positions' category to record the position change, and an associated
entry in the 'removed items' category to undo that position change (All the
entries in the deltas are evaluated, and the removed items list acts to cancel
out anything that appears in the previous lists).  If you cannot find a pair
for each entry, then something's wrong.  In which case, flush the item from the
removed items list by selecting and deleting it.  I recommend this over
deleting the entire delta as some tend to do, because deleting a model delta is
often unnecessary and only loses all your work.  In most cases the problem
isn't too hard to find as long as you pay attention to what you're looking for.
 Matt       ----------------------------Hi List,
Asked a thousand times before I'm sure. I have researched and having no Joy and
could really do with some suggestions please.

Soft 2014 SP2 - Scene opens at Uni on an identically specced HP workstation
machine.
I noticed my home machine (when the file did work) took about 20mins to load
whereas at Uni it was around 5 minutes.

Scene size 53mb
Scene contains mostly reference models.

Following the help topics I turned on scene debugging>Load recovery journal
file. I have have pointed it to an existing text file but it hasn't written
anything to that.
  I do have a .lrf file but I am unsure what to do with this?

I restart xsi and I get prompted 5 or so time about having a ghost model.
It continues to load but then hangs without crashing after sticking on "done
fixing hidden cluster"

Any input would be muchly appreciated

Jon