Bifrost isn't a new version of Naiad.  It's a combination of a new
evaluation engine and the next iteration of the Naiad solvers
expressed into this new architecture.
The evaluation engine is based on a compiler technology, and the
solvers are expressed as a collection of low-level nodes (like "add",
"if" and "get data") assembled together in compounds the way that
Lagoa was made with the built-in ICE node.  That means you have both
high level nodes and a low level visual languages to make your own
stuff or modify what you get.  But the data that can flow in the graph
is opened, it isn't just a fix set of types and arrays like ICE, and
the data changes during evaluation, and not just at "execute" points.

In my opinion it's a huge waste of time to go on analytical
speculations based strictly based on wishful failure fantasies when
all of these speculations will be disproven anyway in the medium
future.

Btw, if I read correctly you got your timeline wrong on ICE. We worked
on it for between 2 and 3 years before its release XSI 7.0, not
necessarily full time.  Then we did a bit more work, like adding ICE
modeling, with a few months of work here and there in the year that
followed, with a skeleton team.  We didn't work 6 years on it.