From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Raffaele Fragapane
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2014 2:55 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: RE: maya uv tool broken?

It does symmetry within each shell AFAIK.
On 9 Sep 2014 04:13, "Matt Lind"
<ml...@carbinestudios.com<mailto:ml...@carbinestudios.com>> wrote:
If Maya is using the same Unfold3D as Softimage, then artists will still need
to go to another software for UV layout because Unfold3D lacks very basic
functionality required for certain types of work.  For example, unfolding a
symmetrical object an having the resulting UVs laid out symmetrically to
reflect the geometry's shape.  Unfold3D is very poor with that.

Matt