You must be lying, Maya API is super, and don't forget it's open.

Le 16/10/2014 11:46, Sebastien Sterling a écrit :
Dry your eyes mate, we all hurt.

AD does not care about making Maya a good package for the individual, they do not conceive of the necessity of people having to use it outside the huge studio paradigm where 20 TD's and devs can "fix" it.

They are not a software developer, they have firmly demonstrated that they are a software leaser.

There is no heat, no passion to create the best user experience, there are only ZUUL (i mean quotas).

And that is effectively the crux of the problem.

They couldn't even integrate NEX properly, was talking to a maya rigger friend recently, apparently the new modeling tools clash horribly with the old, functionality unevenly spread over or compensated, having you jump all over the UI. he blatantly said, "forget about it they broke everything, what makes it good for rigging and animation makes it bad for modeling. best wait for what ever new package may come out, they will never fix this."

And always the bull shit excuse that these things take time and we are integrating it as fast as we can stick with us.

That it takes 3 years (or moar...) to implement something like bitfrost i can concede, it's bull shit but i can understand it, but then why EOL the only other package in existence that has anywhere close to the same functionality, before the bitfrost is completed.

Further more if it took you more then one year to integrate NEX, i'm sorry but you have failed ! this shit is not rocket science to any other dedicated software company.

Entering year 3 of NEX being in maya and it still not a paradigm that functions on its own merits for modeling. that's 3 years to integrate a piece of technology, that you didn't EVEN HAVE TO WRITE !"!!

But then again i suppose it took them more then 15 years to fix rigging... ow wait what's that ? Ow yes that's right THEY didn't ! Instead They throw a new algorithm pinched from student papers every fucking year. expect to see delta mush in the next release, a feature develop by Rythum and Hues probably in 1998, and readily hand replicated by users in maya houdini and softimage !!!