Maya has everything to do supra/sticky keys already -- unlike
Softimage, users have full access to press and up messages
individually in the hotkey editor.  However, Maya uses the the
keyboard differently, with comparable advantages *if you're a Maya
users*.    When you hold down the hotkeys for select, translate,
rotate, or scale, the marking menu to set the tool's option is
enabled.  So that means that the W key already does something in
"sticky" mode, i.e. press and release the key, and in Supra mode,
where you hold it down.  Some other short cuts work when you hold down
the key ("supra mode"), for example holding down [tab] to ray cast,
holding down B for the brush/proportional radius, "back tick' for
tweak mode, etc.
So there is no way we're going to break the hotkeys/marking menus for
everyone else to jam in a softimage-like tool stack. And it's
completely possible for someone to set it up with the hotkey editor,
however then you're kind of stuck in your little corner working like
no one else and not necessarily getting the modeling updates, or
seeing them in the right light.