On 10/16/14 9:59, Luc-Eric Rousseau wrote:
So there is no way we're going to break the hotkeys/marking menus for
everyone else to jam in a softimage-like tool stack.
Hum.. I hardly think the complaint is that it's not like Soft,  as opposed to it not (at-all) being as 'streamlined'.

And Identifying a (more in-depth) 'streamline-ing' endeavor
(which would inevitably involve a fair bit of -change-),
... as 'Breaking', only reinforces that quote from Sebastian's friend,

"... what makes it good for rigging and animation makes it bad for modeling. best wait for whatever new package may come out, they will never fix this."

And that resistance to change is what may very-well dwarf any (likely superficial) 'humanization' effort.
(if anything like before)

Also, you may want to keep you eyes peeled, as this 'new package' may quite possibly come quite a bit sooner than later(!)

French VFX Facility BUF Compagnie to make software public

http://www.redsharknews.com/post/item/2088-french-vfx-facility-buf-compagnie-to-make-software-public
<< Many other visual effects tools – though they may have been developed with extensive user input and feedback – still suffer from being created by software designers, not visual effects artists. [yep.. ]

One trait of a good software engineer is being able to effectively interpret and incorporate user requirements.

But Pierre Buffin’s suite of software and workflows will have the advantage of being designed by VFX artists for VFX artists.
[sound familiar? :) ]

[...]

Most products only offer special solutions for a studio.
So they spend a lot of time and money to
*patch the different software together to make them work as a whole.* [sound more familiar?]

[...]

Ours is a complete package, a complete pipeline. And the artists really like it.”   >>

Who knows how it's going to turn-out, but reading through that was music to my ears, if any of that would indeed be the case as a first(of several I hope) freshly emerging in-house 'high-end' alternative since forever.

Supposedly coming 'early 2015' (unless bought or bribed, if (also) subject to (uncivilized) laws of the jungle)