I may end up writing something up and posting it to SI-Community.  I'm
waiting on client revisions & so I spent the morning finding more packages
to test:  IMatch 5 Digital Asset Manager, Photo Supreme, DBGallery, and
Phase One Media Pro are this morning's fun.

Sadly, ACDSee started choking and crashing a LOT once I started point it to
my full texture library on the server.  I think I've got around 40,000
textures & stock photos, which seems like a decent test for these smaller
(not a full-blown asset management system) apps.  They all have interesting
approaches, costs, and functionality.

Oh, and I too use Extensis Suitcase Fusion.  It's ok, but not fantastic.
Again, it somewhat chokes on the nearly 80,000 fonts on the file server.

Yes... I'm somewhat of a digital hoarder.  But I guess wanting things to be
organized makes me a collector!

-Paul