Hi guys,

after checking through a random selection of *.scn files, I am somewhat positive I´ll be able to open most if not all of my files with Softimage 2012/2014/2015.

When I was refering to *.obj/*.fbx files, I didn´t mean to suggest that should be the prefered archive format, even thought in my case, there is a high percentage of *.obj/*.fbx files containing assets and easily enough (re)connected to their textures.

Personally, I have decided to go through my projects, check for assets I like and then make sure I have at least an *.obj/*.fbx, ZBrush or Mudbox file, Photoshop texture base and
finalized maps. Building a salvageable library of parts.

That´s not archiving, that´s salvaging.

Now my real problem is opening older 32bit files, from Softimage 3.9

*.dsc and *.hrc files.

Any way to get access to that?

Those scenes/files I missed to convert to *.xsi or *.scn around Y2k...

Cheers,

tim