Hi Raffaele

Our degree comprises of two streams. Half our students are from the Arts and
half are Electronic Engineering.
The engineering stream does a significant amount of programming while the Arts
stream is only lightly exposed . What has been interesting and has been greatly
encouraged is we have had Art students really take to it and progressed to
being on a par with the engineering students programming wise. The reverse has
also been true. We take great care to nurture these cross overs as we feel they
are very important. In both case we have a lot of support for Technical side of
either art or programming

We are the first University in South Africa that is doing full degree so as
such we don’t have many local peers, but we are very involved with the local
Gaming industry, Most of which has its ground in either Gamemaker or Unity.
Since the free version of Unreal was announced there has been a perceptible
shift in the number of people working in Unreal.

Most of our work placement ties are based in the 3d Industry. This year is the
first year any of our students will be at a graduation year, but we have done a
lot of groundwork in building relationships. We also host an Annual Amaze
Festival where we bring a whole lot of interesting internal Games people to
Johannesburg.

One of our students has already had interest shown in a board game developed
for the course called After Robot (this is from their analogue phase when they
start with the fundamentals)

Kind regards

Angus

--
Angus Davidson
ICT Project Leader - Digital Arts

On 20 January 2015 at 6:47:40 PM, Raffaele Fragapane