It sounds like spine deformation:
http://docs.autodesk.com/SI/2015/ENU//index.html#!/url=./files/deforms_SpineDeformations.htm<http://docs.autodesk.com/SI/2015/ENU/index.html#!/url=./files/deforms_SpineDeformations.htm>

gray

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Pierre Schiller
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2015 11:04 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Weighting curves - worfklow

Morning everyone. Long ago I found this video (see link). I really like how he
managed to
adapt the curve and shapes to deform the face of the character.
I don´t exactly remember with details, but some years ago I saw a colleague
weighting
curves to deform a noodle arm (cartoon style).
But when I take a curve and make it a deformer for a mesh, I get an error.
The alternative to this method is to rig a bunch of nulls (like a path along
curve constraint)
and then weight those *nulls*.

But like I mention. I´ve seen the CURVE being the deformer for the mesh.
I know there are other alternative methods (chain of bones along the curve) but
my questions
aims specifically if it´s possible for softimage to weight a mesh using a curve?
Cheers.
https://vimeo.com/107545712

--
Portfolio 2013<http://be.net/3dcinetv>