AD owned and produced a lot of stuff over the years. The various
acquisitions you are thinking of in the M&E group are a drop in the ocean
that is their arch, viz, CAM/CAE budgets.
Alias was bought for studio and the inlet in industrial CAM they missed at
the time. Maya in and of itself is probably not scratching 3 or 4% of their
revenue and I doubt Soft even made it to an integer number.

Adobe is already a bigger company than AD for the record, and has MORE of a
monopoly on its market segments than AD does. They beat AD in revenue and
net by a factor of two most years.

Again, I don't know what Adobe you guys are thinking of, but the one I know
of is nothing to hope for. They make EA sports and AD M&E look positively
benign in the VFX geography.

--
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it
and let them flee like the dogs they are!