Well put Perry, exactly my thoughts!

Speaking of Fusion: I had the pleasure of using the free version last week for 7 consecutive days in a a row, 10 hrs a day. It was blazingly fast (compared to AE anyway), did not crash once, and the look of the node tree was pleasing enough to not make my eyes bleed (as opposed to Nuke's). Even the pro version is a bargain for $1000 for what you get.

+1 on all
Totally agree.
This "news" sickened me and if true, could mean great things for Fusion and nothing but bad news for the rest. I've seen the usability and stability of After Effects (AE) decline sharply over the timeframe that AE has been a rental product. Updates cause >problems instead of fixing them and development has slowed (even further). Not so with Nuke. Adobe wants VFX to be accessible to the consumer, and while I don't discount the research they have done, some of which has been quite >amazing, most of their focus has been on one button type of VFX solutions and not on stability and flexibility, which is what we need and what >The Foundry supplies software that excels in. Rotobrush, PuppetTool, CameraTracker all designed to make as close to a one button solution as possible. These tools works great in certain >situations, but when the shot gets tough, you quickly run out of options.
Nuke is nothing but options, and is  far more ICE-like than AE is.
Having something as flexible as Nuke owned by a company that has a huge competitive market-dominating product like AE, should send chills up >your spine as to how closely it matches the Autodesk Maya/Soft debacle.

Sent from my iPhone
Please excuse typos and
brief replies.Thank you!