"If you hit something you don't want to read move on."

I find posts like this useful. I have not yet found the
right replacement 3d dcc for me quite yet.

Modo looks very interesting, but incomplete and its speed leaves somthing
to be desired in large scenes. I am watching them very closely , but I need
to see who owns the Foundry and what the plan is. I am a fan of foundry
products and culture... I hope they can maintain that where ever they land.

Houdini can do almost anything you can imagine but seems to has too much
overhead to get simple things done.

I hate Max from a birds eye view... but I have never used it more than for
a few minutes. They seemed to get a lot closer to ICE than maya has been
able to with this last release.

Maya has some things going for it, namely a talented user base.  The last
release is a small step in the right direction, but from the out side
looking in it sure seems like they are having a tough time tying all that
old code into something that feels unified and consistent.

I was very underwhelmed with Bitfrost once again.  I don't ever think it
will be a flexible toolset, or we would have seen a hint of that by now.

C4d has gone from a blip to something I need to look at again, but after
seeing the Arnold demo's running in C4d I cant ignore that as a rendering
solution.

I wish some one would take fabric and turn it into a full fledged 3d app...