I can only agree. Move other software things to other threads, it is one
thing to mention something if it is solution to specific problem but to
dedicate next bunch of emails to maya and others it is no place or that.
There are maya and other software threads to discus that in debt.
If someone asks for help with something in SI, and this is still best way
and great pool of talented SI ppl, he hardly wanna hear, oh do that in maya
on blender. f*** that I don;t care about crap of the maya or blender. If I
wanted or liked to work on them would get them and go to maya and other
forums.
God thing about si mailing list is that even when not looking for some
answers topics arise that are interesting to read and learn something new
from them.
But with all other software noise that is increasingly hard. And some
filtering really is in order.
Need maya, blender max help and details? Find maya and other forums and
mailing lists. With little time most ppl have in day last thing I wanna
spend it is reading about those...