Hi Andy.

Did you move to Mantra, or stayed with Arnold?

Softimage crashing too often in lookdev is the #1 reason why I'm actively looking elsewhere.

On 19-Aug-15 10:35, Andy Goehler wrote:
We at Fiftyeight moved on from Softimage to Houdini for scene assembly and
rendering. While Houdini’s offerings may not be the designed/perfect pass
system currently, we’ve managed to adjust to a level of comfort. Shading and
lighting productivity has gone way up. Houdini has proven to be very stable
during shading and lighting, contrary to my frustration with Soft crashing
unacceptably often.

We were not looking for the best solution currently available either, we were
looking for a platform to build upon. And are very happy with Side Effects as a
software vendor. Licensing, Bugs reports and fixes, feature requests and
implementation and daily builds make us a satisfied customer.

Andy