Just getting on the Maya band wagon now. Bah.

So I'm animating something as I typically would in Softimage. Sometimes I
might need a shape to fix something...a pose or a joint. Grab the Geo save
a few shape keys in secondary modeling and done.

Even in Max on a rigged character. Add an Edit poly and away you go.

This Maya rigger I'm working with gave me this convoluted process to make
shapes on the fly...hardly on the fly....I had to take notes! Is there not
another way...even if there's a script or plugin? Excuse me but I'm new to
the Maya madness.

--

Chris Johnson | www.someonescousin.com | 416.473.1624

         <https://www.facebook.com/someonescousin/>