Skype:srecko.micic
-------------------
http://sreckom.webworkman.com/
On 6/01/2016 18:04:54, Angus Davidson <angus.david...@wits.ac.za> wrote:
Hi Gerbrand

Can Blender import FBX animations ?

Interested to hear that Cycles is so zippy.

Kind regards

Angus

From: Gerbrand Nel [mailto:nagv...@gmail.com]
Sent: 06 January 2016 03:38 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Redshift users?

I'm also doing most of my work in Houdini indie at the moment.
With the whole 3rd party render restriction, I experimented with the following:
Redshift in soft
Redshift in maya
Octane stand alone
Blender cycles

Octane standalone imported .abc files the best from houdini.
Soft and maya would loose things like fur, or get particle sizes mixed up
For me cycles seemed to be as good as octane, and sometimes even faster.
Some scenes were faster in redshift, and some were faster in cycles.
Blender being free makes it the obvious choice if you can get your stuff in
there.
obj, with mdd pointcache works well, but not everything can be exported like
this.

Waiting to see what redshift stand alone will be like, but as soon as blender
has alembic, there will be no contest imho.