Howdy
Thanks for the tip about MOI. I ran the trial and the nurbs to poly conversion is even better than Rhino's. I didn't try all the export dialog options yet, but with the default settings, the result is very nice. I never heard about this application before. Its interface is very simple but it seems nice for quick modelling tasks.
Have a great weekend all!
David

On 2016-01-29 11:57, toonafish wrote:

Yep, the MOI converter is very good, I used it a lot. Just give the 30 day trial a test-ride.

-Ronald

On 29 Jan 2016, at 11:52, Leendert A. Hartog <hirazib...@live.nl <mailto:hirazib...@live.nl>> wrote:

Haven't tried this myself in a long time, only took their demo "for a spin" way back, but MOI ("Moment of Inspiration" - http://moi3d.com/) advertises with the following: "The icing on the cake is MoI’s unique polygon mesh export that generates exceptionally clean and crisp N-Gon polygon meshes from CAD NURBS models." and is way cheaper than Rhino.

Sent from Mailbird <http://www.getmailbird.com/?utm_source=Mailbird&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sent-from-mailbird>

Thanks, I will test Rhino as well!