Hey guys, I'm after a little advice. I'm currently looking at building a some
nice fluffy clouds made up of strands and from what I can see there a load of
different ways to achieve something like this Houdini. Quite of few of the
results I've seen demonstrated online are achieved by creating a velocity
volume and drawing these the velocities out. These look nice but I cant really
figure out a way to edit them afterwards. Other methods I've seen that look
promising take points and running them through a Polywire, however there seem
to a load of ways to group these points together and nothing is as succinct at
position / strandposition

What I'm wondering is what do you recommend? Is there a method of strand
creation / manipulation that gives you a nice amount of flexibility and
control? I've always been a huge fan of ICE strands, and the concept of
starting with some points, building up strandpositions a long these points and
controlling the properties of the strands by either the point ID or the
strandposition ID.

>From what I can see there is not equivalent workflow that I can find, at least
>not out of the box. I can make polywires with ID's and manipulate this, but
>I'm still a little confused about the ID vs strandID context equivalent and
>how to manipulate each of them. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Tim